Cedar Middle School Clubs
Academic Pentathlon is an exciting five-event competition for our Cedar Spartans. The competition encourages and rewards academic excellence among students of ALL ABILITY LEVELS. Students in public and private schools compete as individuals and team members in a series of five academic tests, including: mathematics, literature, social science, and essay.
Snowboard and Ski Club
First snowboard and Ski Club meeting will be at lunch in Room 27 on Wednesday, Sept. 6. Trips for the club will be on 1/12/18, 1/19/18, 1/26/18 and 2/2/18
An art outlet for students!
Art Club is sort of an extension of art class for anyone who wants to further enhance their learning or for those students who like art but do not have art class. There will be separate projects and activities than in class, for those who want to participate.
CMS Jr. Interact
What is CMS Jr. Interact?
It is a club dedicated to acts of kindness and community service. We feel that having ties with our community is very important as well as helping to improve our community in any way possible.
What has CMS Jr. Interact done in the past?
- Once a month month during the school year, we clean up Cedar Street around the school. Cedar adopted the street 5 years ago.
- In October we have a “Celebrate Life” wall on campus in which students (for free) can fill out a card to celebrate someone who has ever dealt with Cancer and we try to educate them about it. In addition, we create posters and cards of encouragement that go to our local hospital.
- A couple of times a year we try to bake goodies, make cards and posters to show appreciation for our local heroes (law enforcement, firefighters, etc)
- Commit to various community service opportunities as it becomes available in our community
- Conduct school wide drives to help Victor Valley Rescue Mission (sweater, blanket, gift, canned food, etc) throughout the year
- So much more!
Interested? Email Sarah.Allsman@hesperiausd.org or stop by Rm 53. Next meeting Sept. 16th during lunch in Rm 53.
Music Club meets as needed in the band room. Our purpose is to support and encourage our students within the Music program at Cedar.
The WebDev Club is about learning how to code. No, not programming code, but web coding. Students will learn the basics of HTML(hypertext markup language) and CSS(cascading style sheets). With this, he/she will be able to create a simple web page from scratch.
Meet every Wednesday during lunch in room 66.