Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year at Cedar Middle School! Middle school can be a difficult time for students and we want to start out on a successful journey together. Please read through the attached information and complete any forms necessary. Below you will find suggestions for parents and students that will help everyone begin the year on a positive note.
- Provide a place and time for students to complete homework daily.
- Check your student’s student planner daily to be sure he/she is keeping track of all assignments. Student planners are available in both digital and hard copy form.
- Check Infinite Campus on a weekly basis to be sure your student is keeping up with assignments. Please contact the counseling department for your login information.
- Communicate with teachers, counselors, and administrators right away if you have a concern over your child’s grades or behavior (www.cedarmiddle.org)
- Follow us on social media. This is a great way to stay up to date on what is going on at Cedar.
- Talk to your student about future plans, college, and careers and begin to set a plan for helping them achieve their goals.
- Pay attention, take notes, and fill in your student planner daily. It is easier to stay on top of your assignments than to catch up.
- Talk to your parents about your school day.
- Ask questions in class and stay after school for tutoring if you need help.
- Start thinking about your future and establish a plan on how you will reach your goals.
- And most importantly, have a terrific year!